The Womanizer +Size is one of the latest products from Womanizer, the brand that specializes in touch-less suction clitoral stimulation. When I reviewed the Womanizer Pro40 in January, I was impressed and pleased to discover that I enjoyed it more than the Satisfyer Pro2. So, naturally, my curiousity piqued at the chance to explore another Womanizer model.
Before I dive deep into the differences between the +Size and the Pro40, I’ll give a quick overview of this technology.
Womanizer products use a servomotor and an air compression pump to create a suctioning effect on your clitoris (or frenulum, or nipples). When you place the white treatment cap over your clitoris and turn it on, a vacuum is created and the air creates a touch-free suction sensation. When used underwater (yes, this toy is waterproof), the vacuum effect is more intense. This product has a orange-red light that turns on when the product is in use — I love how this lights up the bathtub water.
The Womanizer +Size comes with two removeable oval treatment heads for varying clitoral sizes/preferences:
- There’s the fairly narrow head that, rim-to-rim, measures 2 cm. The narrow one is pictured in these photos.
- There’s also a XL one that, rim-to-rim, measures 2.6 cm.
Note that these treatment heads are exactly the same as the ones used in the Pro40. The Womanizer +Size does not include larger heads than previous versions, so it does not accommodate a larger clitoris than the other models can.
The key difference, then, is that the Womanizer +Size has a longer handle then the Womanizer Pro40. On the Womanizer +Size, the tip of the handle to the center of the treatment head (where your clitoris lies) measures around 7 inches. In comparison, with the Pro40, it is only about 4.5 inches. I can see how handy the longer handle would be if I had mobility issues, or if my stomach made my clitoris hard to reach. The elongated head, as well, would help me navigate fuller labia if I had it.
I generally discuss noise and strength in this section, but see “My Experience” below for my discussion on this.
I have to say: Womanizer has finally gotten its colours right. The +Size is made of white, black, and gold colours. To keep the product lightweight, the body is all made of ABS plastic, including the gold trim. I fancy this a lot more than the Pro40‘s Barbie-pink body.
How to use the Womanizer +Size: Turn the +Size on using the button on the head. The red light will come on. Part your labia to expose your clitoris and position your clitoris so it lies in the oval opening of the treatment head. Click the + or — buttons to reach the best intensity for you. To turn off, hold the power button for 2 seconds. If the treatment head is flashing red, the charge is low and you’ll need to charge it up.
Material and Care
The Womanizer +Size consists of silicone and ABS plastic. The white removable treatment heads are made from soft silicone. The white and gold parts are made from hard, shiny ABS plastic, and the black section looks to be PU-coated ABS. This makes the Womanizer body-safe and non-porous.
To clean, remove the silicone head to expose the pressure chamber. You can rinse the head with warm soapy water or a silicone-safe sex toy cleaner. If you’d like to sterilize it (i.e., for sharing), you may boil the head. Womanizer also suggests that you then submerge the toy in water and run it (full blast) for one minute. Shake out any excess water and allow to dry. If you think there’s something in the pressure chamber, you can gently wipe the inside of the chamber with a cotton bud. Then, put the silicone treatment head back on and store.
To charge, connect the included USB charger to your Womanizer and your computer (or to the wall using a USB adapter). Allow to charge for two hours.
The Womanizer +Size comes packaged neatly in a white, black, and gold box. Inside the box, you receive the +Size, the XL treatment head, a USB charger, and a satin storage pouch.
My Experience with the Womanizer +Size (and how it compares to the Womanizer Pro40)
Does the Womanizer +Size work for me? Yes, definitely. Because I enjoyed the Womanizer Pro40 so much, I wasn’t expecting any different. Like with the Pro40, the +Size brings me to orgasm quickly. It also manages to bring to me many consecutive orgasms, which is something usually only accomplished by very rumbly vibrators. The clitoris does not get temporarily desensitized in the way that using a buzzy vibrator does. What’s lovely and strange is that, because it’s touch-free, I don’t really feel anything, other than warmth as blood rushes to the region, and then I start to orgasm.
As for the handle: I find that it doesn’t make the Womanizer too clunky or overbearing. It’s still lightweight. But for my own personal preferences, I don’t think it’s a must-have addition to the toy. It’s nice, and it makes things a bit easier to navigate, but it’s not crucial for my experience.
1. Strength: The +Size boasts 12 intensity levels and the Pro40 boasts 8. At first, I assumed this meant that the +Size would have 4 stronger intensities than the Pro40. However, the lowest and the highest intensities appear to be the same for both models. Those extra 4 intensity levels are buried within the mid-range somewhere. If the +Size model is at all stronger than the Pro40, my clitoris or my fingertips cannot discern it. So, if you think the Pro40 is better suited to you, you won’t be getting a weaker model.
2. Inclusivity: You may find that the Womanizer +Size is more convenient to hold. If you have mobility issues or just simply enjoy having a longer handle, then this might be your best bet. This elongated head may also prove better for women with fuller labia. To test to see if the +Size or the Pro40 would suit you better, mark 4.5 inches on a ruler and see if you can comfortably reach that point on your clitoris. If not, your best bet might be the +Size with that 7″ handle.
- However: price. The Womanizer Pro40 is $144.95 AUD. The Womanizer +Size is $239.99 AUD. I can’t see a reason to justify this extra $100 unless you are certain that you would not comfortably reach your clitoris using the Pro40.
3. Noise: Because the +Size‘s head is expanded/elongated, the noise is louder than the Pro40‘s when not pressed up against you. Once it’s over your clitoris and the seal is made, then it’s as quiet as the Womanizer Pro40. In comparison, the Pro40 is always relatively quiet.
4. Buttons: I prefer the buttons on the Pro40, which are closer together and easier to click. On the +Size, the buttons are dispersed; the power button is at the head of the toy, whereas the +/— buttons are at the other end of the handle. They also require a bit more pressure to press.
5. Heads: No difference. The heads are exactly the same; each model comes with 1 standard size head and 1 XL head.
7. Features: Both models are waterproof and rechargeable. The +Size comes with a satin storage pouch, where the Pro40 does not. However, the Pro40 comes with a USB charging cable plus a USB wall adapter, whereas the +Size only comes with the USB charging cable.
When it comes to deciding between the Womanizer +Size and the Pro40, the only real tangible reason to opt for the +Size is if the longer handle and elongated head is better suited to your body. So if you’ve felt the need for your vibrator to have a longer handle, and price doesn’t matter, then I recommend the Womanizer +Size. If you’d like essentially the same experience for a great deal less money, go for the Pro40.