- For Readers
- Product Reviews
- Sponsored Post
- Guest Posts by Companies
- Affiliate Guidelines
- Morality Clause
- Using my Content
For my Readers
Miss Ruby Reviews is a personal blog. It offers honest and unbiased reviews of sex toys and products from my own personal perspective. Keep in mind that reviews are subjective, and so individual experiences will vary.
The information on this blog is for informational purposes only and shouldn’t be seen as any kind of medical, legal, emotional, or formal expert advice. By using this blog, you understand that there is no formal client relationship between you and Miss Ruby Reviews. I am not a healthcare professional. If you have any questions or concerns about using any of the sex toys mentioned in this blog, consult your primary healthcare provider.
My writing is true to the best of my knowledge at the time of writing, but there might be errors or mistakes. Any information found on this blog is not a substitute for professional advice.
As per FTC guidelines, I am affiliated with sex toy companies. As an affiliate, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) through any purchases made by clicking my affiliate links or banners. If you wish to ensure that you support my site by clicking on one of my banners or links, please clear your cookies before clicking my links so that the store knows to pay commission to me. These affiliate relationships do not affect the opinions I express in each review. Each review consists of 100% my own opinion. In the same line, this blog does not reflect the opinions of any companies I might be affiliated with. Sometimes, I may receive products for review free of charge from companies. I test each item thoroughly and only provide good reviews when they’re actually deserved. This website is personally owned and its opinions are my own.
Though I often describe how I use each product, always thoroughly read your product manual for official guidelines on use.
Product Review Policies
Miss Ruby Reviews provides detailed reviews with high-quality photography.
Please note the following:
- I currently only accept shipments to a Canadian PO Box shipping address, which cannot accept private courier shipments like FedEx or UPS. Please only send with your national postal service.
- I do not guarantee a positive review.
- While I rarely need to write negative reviews, I reserve the right to publish a negative review if I do not like the product, with no compensation to you.
- I will not change my review or remove it from my blog on the request of any company.
- All content and language will be in my control. This is the case for both unpaid and paid reviews.
- If you have a review deadline, please specify this before I agree to review the product.
- For non-paid reviews, if you are a manufacturer without an affiliate program, I reserve the right to link to one of your distributors with whom I have an affiliate relationship if they carry that product.
- I reserve the right to compare products by linking to my other reviews that may or may not feature another brand/store’s product.
- If an item sent for review is defective (rarely the case):
- I will expect that either a replacement will be sent, or the commitment to review no longer holds. A refund will not be given.
- I do not review porous insertable products or Pipedream brand toys.
- For example, if you want me to review an internal product, it must be made from 100% silicone, stainless steel, glass, aluminum, or treated wood.
- You may not ask for compensation (payment, refund, or for the product to be returned), even if the review is negative. If the product is not received by me (i.e., gets lost in shipping), I am not responsible for its cost.
- If you stop carrying the product I have reviewed, your shop closes, or affiliate program closes or significantly lowers/cancels my commission rate, I may link to a different store/affiliate program that does carry that product.
- As a review on my blog includes a link to your website, I must be able to comfortably endorse your company’s safety standards (i.e., many of your products should be body safe, non-porous and non-toxic).
- Items sent without my express agreement to review will be considered a gift.
- I only use no-follow links.
- Please note that my morality clause applies for review items, as with all my practices.
By agreeing to work with me, you agree to these terms.
Miss Ruby Reviews occasionally writes non-review sponsored content.
- All sponsored posts will be disclosed as paid-for (required by law). These posts will be honest, written in my own words and style. Posts will use no-follow links.
- I typically reserve sponsored posts for manufacturers during new product launches.
- Payment is due upfront via PayPal.
- We reserve the right to decline or remove sponsored posts or ads based on our morality clause (below). I currently do not advertise/sponsor companies that sell primarily through Amazon.
- Contacting Miss Ruby Reviews for sponsored posts doesn’t guarantee I will accept. I tend to decline shops whose products are mostly porous (e.g., made of jelly) or heavily/unnecessarily gendered.
- Here are some examples.
- Contact me for pricing.
Guest Posts by Companies
Miss Ruby Reviews occasionally accepts promotional guest posts from companies:
- This is a promotional post that you write and provide to me.
- There is a fee — contact for pricing. Payment is due when you provide me with the content.
- Here are examples.
- You control the language/tone and any imagery. All I do is edit for grammar (if needed) and post it.
- Nothing will be posted after your guest post for 3 days, to maximize visibility.
- The post will be permanent unless you request I take it down or unless your company later violates my morality clause (not likely to happen).
- No-follow links are used throughout, as per Google’s policies on sponsored content.
- I make it clear to my readers that I didn’t write it (the title will be labelled as Guest Post, and there’ll be a disclaimer at the end too).
Miss Ruby Reviews occasionally hosts sidebar banner ads.
- For advertising, the 325 x 325px banner you provide me cannot be explicitly sexual in nature (store logo preferred). If a toy is depicted, it must be non-porous (i.e, silicone).
- The banners will appear on my blog at all times in the “SPONSORS” section.
- Payment is due upfront via PayPal. The spot is not reserved for you until the invoice is paid.
- Contacting Miss Ruby Reviews for banner ads doesn’t guarantee I will accept. I tend to decline shops whose products are mostly porous (e.g., made of jelly) or heavily/unnecessarily gendered.
- We reserve the right to decline or remove banner ads based on our morality clause (below).
- Banner must be a static image (not a gif)
- Ads will use no-follow links.
- No click-through rate is guaranteed.
- See here for availability and pricing.
Sponsoring a giveaway through Miss Ruby Reviews is a way to increase the sponsor’s social media exposure and drive hits to their website. Giveaways have a fee of $180 USD (payment is upfront via PayPal). In return, I post a blog post very similar to these ones and the giveaway entry options would include following the sponsoring company’s social media accounts, visiting their website, and tweeting about the giveaway. The sponsoring company is responsible for shipping direct to the winner, and they need to give me a list of places they’d be willing to ship (ie, USA only, USA + Canada, Worldwide, etc).
If you are interested in a giveaway on Miss Ruby Reviews, please note that I must be able to comfortably endorse the prize in terms of safety. It must be body-safe.
Giveaways are generally 1 month long. The fee is the same for shorter giveaways. The fee may be subject to an increase for an extended giveaway.
I am very selective about with whom I become an affiliate with.
These are some baselines for consideration:
- Most of your products should be body safe. By that, I mean they should be non-porous and non-toxic.
- Affiliate commissions should be at least 10-15% (minimum).
- Your store should have sex-positive and inclusive store, display, marketing, and overall appearance.
- You must be able to provide me with a non-explicit banner.
- Morality clause applies here.
- Note: I am unlikely to accept affiliate partnerships with companies who do not intend to work with me (via other sponsored content) on a long-term basis.
Miss Ruby Reviews reserves the right to (without warning) remove, withhold, and/or disclaim reviews, posts, or banners associated with companies (with no compensation to them) whose practices or reputation (marketing or otherwise) I later find, in my opinion, to be sexist, racist, transphobic, homophobic, fat-shaming, condone non-consent or sexual harassment/assault, or are otherwise oppressive.
Using my Content
You may share my content via a link. Alternatively, you may quote me (75 words or less per article) AND provide a do-follow link back to my article with full credit. Outside of this, you may not duplicate my content, my policies, or my photos without my explicit permission. When drawing from my content, you may not change my links. Please do not inline-link/leech/piggy-back my images.
Please note that Miss Ruby Reviews is an anonymous blog. By working with me, you agree to uphold my anonymity. Any company or persons found to share my private information (such as name, mailing address, location, etc.) will be pursued legally.
Want to work with me? Head on over to the Work with Me contact form.