- For Readers
- Product Reviews
- Sponsored Post
- Affiliate Guidelines
- Morality Clause
- Using my Content
For my Readers
Miss Ruby Reviews is a personal blog. It offers honest and unbiased reviews of sex toys and products.
As per FTC guidelines, I am affiliated with sex toy companies. As an affiliate, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) through any purchases made by clicking my affiliate links or banners. If you wish to ensure that you support my site by clicking on one of my banners or links, please clear your cookies before clicking my links so that the store knows to pay commission to me.
These affiliate relationships do not affect the opinions I express in each review. Each review consists of 100% my own opinion.
Adult Product Review Policies
Miss Ruby Reviews provides detailed reviews with high-quality photography.
Please note the following:
- I currently only accept shipments to a Canadian PO Box shipping address.
- I do not review anal toys, lubricant, cam sites, condoms, electrostimulation, pain-inducing cock toys, chastity cages, arousal or tightening gels, porn (of any kind, including written erotica), or Pipedream products. I also do not review for companies that sell primarily through Amazon.
- If you are a manufacturer without an affiliate program, I reserve the right to link to one of your distributors with whom I have an affiliate relationship unless it was a paid review.
- While I will never link to a competitor’s store/page in my review, I reserve the right to compare toys by linking to my other reviews that may or may not feature another brand/store’s product.
- I do not guarantee a positive review. While I rarely write negative reviews, I reserve the right to publish a negative review if I do not like the product, with no compensation to you. I will not change my review or remove it from my blog on the request of any company. All content and language will be in my control.
- I reserve the right to not review products I did not approve for review. If a product shows up at my door and I did not agree to review it, it’s a gift.
- I do not review porous insertable products. For example, if you want me to review an internal toy (such as a dildo or a G-spot vibrator), it must be made from 100% silicone, stainless steel, glass, aluminum, or treated wood.
- If you have a review deadline, please specify this before I agree to review the product.
- You may not ask for compensation (payment, refund, or for the product to be returned), even if the review is negative. If the product is not received by me (i.e., gets lost in shipping), I am not responsible for its cost.
- If you permanently stop carrying the product I have reviewed, or your shop or affiliate program closes, I may link to a store/affiliate program that does carry that product.
- Please note that my morality clause applies for review items, as with all my practices.
- As a review on my blog includes a link to your website, I must be able to comfortably endorse your company’s safety standards (i.e., most of your products should be body safe, non-porous and non-toxic).
By agreeing to work with me, you agree to these terms.
Miss Ruby Reviews occasionally accepts sponsored content (blog posts and banner ads).
- All sponsored posts will be disclosed as paid-for (required by law). These posts will be honest, written in my own words and style.
Payment is due upfront via PayPal. We reserve the right to decline or remove sponsored posts or ads based on our morality clause (below). I currently do not advertise/sponsor companies that sell primarily through Amazon. Contacting Miss Ruby Reviews for sponsored posts and/or banner ads does not guarantee I will accept. If you are a manufacturer and/or distributor whose products are mostly porous (ex. Jelly), you need not apply. Contact me for pricing.
Miss Ruby Reviews occasionally hosts sidebar banner ads.
- For sidebar advertising, the 250 x 250px banner you provide me cannot be explicitly sexual in nature (store logo preferred).
- Payment is due upfront via PayPal.
- Contacting Miss Ruby Reviews for sponsored posts and/or banner ads does not guarantee I will accept. If you are a manufacturer and/or distributor whose products are mostly porous (ex. Jelly), you need not apply.
- We reserve the right to decline or remove banner ads based on our morality clause (below).
- No click-through rate is guaranteed.
- See here for availability and pricing.
Giveaways have a fee of $100 USD. Payment is upfront via PayPal. In return, I post a blog post very similar to this one and the giveaway entry options would include following the sponsoring company’s social media accounts, visiting their website, and tweeting about the giveaway. The sponsoring company is responsible for shipping direct to the winner, and they need to give me a list of places they’d be willing to ship (ie, USA only, USA + Canada, Worldwide, etc).
If you are interested in a giveaway on Miss Ruby Reviews, please note that I must be able to comfortably endorse the prize in terms of safety. It must be body-safe.
Giveaways are generally 1 month long. The fee is the same for shorter giveaways. The fee may be subject to an increase for an extended giveaway.
I am very selective about with whom I become an affiliate with.
These are some baselines for consideration:
- Most of your products should be body safe. By that, I mean they should be non-porous and non-toxic.
- Affiliate commissions should be at least 15% (minimum). 20% is more likely to catch my attention.
- You store should have sex positive and woman-friendly store, display, marketing, and overall appearance.
- You must be able to provide me with a nudity-free banner.
- Morality clause applies here.
Miss Ruby Reviews reserves the right to (without warning) remove, withhold, and/or disclaim reviews, posts, or banners associated with companies (with no compensation to them) whose practices or reputation (marketing or otherwise) I later find, in my opinion, to be sexist, racist, transphobic, homophobic, fat-shaming, condone non-consent or sexual harassment/assault, or are otherwise oppressive.
Using my Content
You may share my content via a link. Alternatively, you may quote me (50 words or less) AND provide a do-follow link back to my article with full credit. Outside of this, you may not duplicate my content, my policies, or my photos without my explicit permission. Do NOT inline-link/leech/piggy-back my images.
Please note that Miss Ruby Reviews is an anonymous blog. By working with me, you agree to uphold my anonymity. Any company or persons found to share my private information (such as name, mailing address, location, etc.) will be pursued legally.
Want to work with me? Head on over to the Work with Me contact form.