The popular Womanizer Classic has gotten an update! Read on for my Womanizer Classic 2 review!
Design | Accessibility | How to Use | Packaging | Material and Care | My Experience | Overall
The Womanizer Classic 2 is the new and improved update to the original Classic, one of Womanizer’s most popular models. The Classic 2 is set to be Womanizer’s newest essential staple in the bedroom, and I was excited to get my hands on it.
For those of you who are new to sex toys, the Womanizer Classic 2 is a pressure wave clitoral stimulator that uses Womanizer’s patented Pleasure Air technology.
WHAT IS PRESSURE WAVE TECHNOLOGY? Pressure wave technology provides touchless clitoral stimulation, which makes your clitoris feel like it’s being sucked and massaged by air. This sex tech first emerged around 2016, and since then I’ve witnessed (and reviewed) the technology spread across the industry. I was skeptical at first, and the technology is pretty bizarre, but it can be SUPER effective if done well. Womanizer was the very first company to come out with this technology, and I’m constantly impressed with their products.
At first glance, the Womanizer Classic 2 is nearly identical to the Classic 1; the body is the same shape. It remains a full-size pressure wave toy with a comfortable handle and a sleek design. As with the previous generation, the Womanizer Classic 2 has 3 buttons: ON/OFF, (+), and (–). The stimulation head is still silicone and is removable for easy cleaning. The Classic 2 has 10 stimulation levels (an increase from the Classic 1’s 8 levels).
The Classic 1 only came in one colour: a bright purple. The new Womanizer Classic 2 now offers two choices: this stunning Bordeaux colour as well as Black. I adore the bordeaux shade… it’s a deep, sexy, wine red shade.
The Womanizer Classic 2 arrives packaged with a medium-sized stimulation head and a Small stimulation head (the Small comes enclosed in a separate pouch). Additional stimulation heads in different sizes and colours can be purchased from Womanizer here. Why might you want this? If you have a smaller clitoris, or just prefer a smaller, more focused stimulation area, you might enjoy the smaller head. If you want something that’s larger and more encompassing, grab the large head.
This section is to help folks determine if they might have any issues using/accessing this toy.
- Size: The Womanizer Classic 2 is an average-sized pressure-wave clitoral toy. By my measurements, it’s about 15.5cm long and 5 cm wide. The opening of the medium-sized head is 1.6×1.2cm. The lip around the opening is around 3mm.
- Weight: At 108grams, this is a lightweight toy.
- Buttons: There are three round control buttons. The ON/OFF button is near the bottom of the toy, is 8mm wide and sits flush with the surface. The other two buttons are located 4.5 cm away (more in the middle of the body). These (+) and (–) buttons sit 1mm above the surface of the toy. The (–) is smaller (7mm) than the 10mm (+) button. There’s a 3mm gap between them. All three buttons take firm pressure to press down and make a loud click sound.
- Vibration transfer: As this is a pressure wave toy, there aren’t any vibrations to travel down the handle, making it more accessible for people with joint issues such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Arthritis.
- Visual Notes: The buttons are the same colour as the rest of the body, so there isn’t high contrast.
- Price: At $129 USD, this is on the higher end for a pressure-wave sex toy. But you’re paying for a solid product with a good brand and 5-year warranty behind it. Compared to Womanizer’s other toys, this is their medium-tier option and its price tag reflects it.
How to Use the Womanizer Classic 2
- To turn on the Womanizer Classic 2, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 2 seconds.
- Apply the nozzle to your clitoris. It’s best if the stimulation head is totally over the clitoris (you may need to part your labia a bit so that your clitoris can rest inside the opening as much as possible).
- To increase the intensity, tap the (+) button.
- To decrease intensity, tap the (–) button.
- To activate the Afterglow feature (which is the lowest speed), briefly tap the ON/OFF button.
- To turn it off, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 2 seconds.
The Womanizer Classic 2 is packaged in a beautiful box. The colour will correspond to the toy colour you chose; in my case: Bordeaux. The Classic 2 is seen on the cover.
Inside the box, the Classic 2 is nestled in a cushion. The remaining accessories are tastefully organized into different compartments in the box.
Overall, the quality feels great and is very gift-worthy. The Classic 2’s packaging also now uses 41% less plastic, making it more environmentally friendly.
In total, you receive the Classic 2, the USB charging cord, a pouch with a size Small head, a manual, some safety instructions, and a cotton fabric drawstring pouch.
Material and Care
The Womanizer Classic 2 is made from ABS plastic (the body) and silicone (the removable stimulation head and buttons). This makes it bodysafe. Silicone and ABS plastic are some of the best materials you could ask for in a sex toy; silicone, in particular, is nonporous (making it hygienic), non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
Unlike the Classic 1 which had shiny ABS plastic on one side of the body, the Classic 2 uses soft-touch plastic; this is simply a coating to make it feel matte in your hands. It is still as bodysafe.
The Womanizer Classic 2 is waterproof (to an IPX7 level, which generally means it can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes).
To clean, remove the stimulation head from the body. I wash the body in warm, soapy water after each use. Then I shake and pat it dry. To clean the stimulation head, I do the same thing.
If you’d like to use lubricant with this toy, choose a good quality water-based lube like my favourite, basic, paraben-free Sliquid H2O.
To recharge the Womanizer Classic 2, use the included USB charging cable; attach the magnetic end against the two little metal dots at the base. Plug that cord into your computer or a USB wall adapter. A full charge takes about 2 hours and gets you 3 hours of playtime, which is fantastic.
All of Womanizer’s products come with a 5-year warranty, which is great. It’s always comforting to have that extra protection.
My Experience with the Womanizer Classic 2
To my delight, the Womanizer Classic 2 remains a fantastic essential staple in the bedroom.
How is the Classic 2 different from the Classic 1?
1. New Afterglow feature. The Womanizer Classic 2 gives you the Afterglow feature for the first time. When you’re using the toy, tap the ON/OFF button to quickly switch to the lowest mode.
2. Two new intensity levels. The Womanizer Classic 2 is as strong on the top level as its predecessor, but it has two lower levels so you can start off softer.
3. No more shiny ABS plastic. Whereas the Classic 1 had a shiny plastic back, the Classic 2 uses the same soft-touch plastic over its body (apart from the silicone head + buttons). This gives it a more cohesive look.
4. New colour choices. The Womanizer Classic 2 has 2 new colour choices: Black and Bordeaux. The Classic 1 was only available in purple.
5. The packaging is more sustainable. The Womanizer Classic 2 uses 41% less plastic in its packaging, making it more environmentally friendly.
How does the Womanizer Classic 2 feel?
I never could use the original Womanizer Classic’s top strengths — the motor was very powerful and I’d always orgasm before I could reach the top level.
The Womanizer Classic 2 is no different — the top speed is VERY powerful, and the sensations it gives are overwhelming.
This new version comes with 10 intensity levels, including 2 new lower intensities. I ended up appreciating these more than I expected. The lowest levels are now a gentle purr, low enough to gently stir and wake your clitoris up without overpowering it too quickly. The medium levels remain (in my opinion) the sweet spot, where you can take your time reaching orgasm without rushing. If you’re a power queen, then the top levels are for you; they are very intense.
Though the Classic 2’s new Afterglow feature was designed to quickly reduce intensity after your orgasm, I use it in a totally different way: for edging myself. When I get too close to orgasm, my partner or I can tap the ON/OFF button to quickly reduce it to the lowest speed. This teases and prolongs my orgasms very effectively which — as I hope you know — makes for a more powerful orgasm in the end.
Though already quite strong, the Womanizer Classic 2 is not as intensely powerful or as feature-packed as Womanizer’s new, more expensive Premium 2 (which I’ll review at a later date). But it’s stronger and has more going for it than the entry-level Starlet 3. It’s a good medium-tier option for those of you who want some luxury, but can’t quite afford all the bells and whistles that Womanizer has to offer.
Womanizer Classic 2 Review – Overall Thoughts
The Classic 2 remains a fabulous bedroom essential toy from Womanizer. It’s strong and pleasurable and I adore the new colour options. I especially love how handy the new Afterglow feature is for edging your orgasm. If you already own the Classic 1, you may want to update for the Afterglow feature alone.
You can pick up your own Womanizer Classic 2 at:
Why do I like Womanizer? They ship internationally, they offer a 5-year warranty on their products, they only carry body-safe products, and this item will ship for free! Plus, by buying directly from Womanizer, you know you’re not going to get a knock-off product.
See below for my Womanizer Classic 2 review breakdown.
Womanizer Classic 2 Review
Overall thoughts - 9.5