Open call to sex bloggers!
After a long hiatus, I’m re-opening this Q&A series to highlight and support members of the sex blogging community. This is a chance to share a bit about yourself and your blog with my readers.
I will be scheduling these sparsely throughout the year (no more than 1-2 per month), so get your email to me quickly so I can schedule you! (Don’t worry if I don’t respond right away… it may take me some time to get the schedule sorted).
Previous entries can be found here.
If you’d like to be featured, please:
- Email me at missrubyreviews[at]gmail[dot]com (Subject: Sex Blogger Q&A Series).
- Include an image or an avatar for me to add to the post.
- In the body of your email (not an attachment), paste your answers to the following questions.
Answer as many (or as few) questions as you’d like.
- Which sex-related blog(s) do you run and how long have you been at it? By what name may we call you? Pronouns?
- Where are you from? (please be vague)
- Where can we find you on social media?
- Sum up your blog (such as its theme, focus, quirkiness, uniqueness).
- What is your blog’s creation story? Why was it born? Did any already-established bloggers inspire you?
- What do you do full time? Blog? Or do something else?
- Do you consider yourself an advocate/supporter of any particular group(s)? And/Or, are you a member of a group whose voice is often suppressed?
- What are your short and long-term goals for your blog? Aiming to stay for years, or is this a short-term hobby?
- What is your favourite post on your blog to date? Why? (Include a link)
- What does “sex-positive” mean to you?
- Have you found any friends (or heroes) in the sex blogging community?
- Who is the single biggest supporter of your blog? I.e., moral support, tech skills, resources, anything.
- How important (or unimportant) is anonymity to you?
- Have you ever had anything bizarre or horrible or funny or amazing happen as a result of blogging?
- For sex toy users: If you could only have one sex toy for the rest of your life… what is it?
- Has sex blogging shaped/influenced you in a broader “real-life” sense? (i.e., your worldview, your personality, your confidence?)
- Introvert or extrovert? Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea? Which Hogwarts house?
- If you could magically and instantaneously change something about this community (i.e., sex toy industry, blogger politics, erotica, porn, sex education, etc), what would you change?
- What are the top 1-3 reasons that keep you blogging?
- Lastly, what advice would you give to readers considering starting a sex blog of their own?
- This series is to support independent bloggers, not blogs based within online stores.
- I reserve the right to remove parts (or all) of your Q/A that I feel violate my morality clause. This also applies to your blog itself: I will not promote a blog that is oppressive in any way (i.e, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, racist, condone non-consent, etc.).
- I am also a grammar-fanatic so I may lightly edit your answers for spelling/grammar.
- As I only promote body-safe toys, I would not be comfortable promoting your blog on Miss Ruby Reviews if you tend to review toys that are not body-safe.
- (While I don’t expect this to happen) I of course reserve the right to remove your post off my blog in the future. For example, if your blog becomes inactive, I may remove your feature from my blog.
Graphic Credits: banner designed by Freepik