I get all kinds of awesome questions through my Ask Ruby contact form and through comments on posts. Seeing as some of you might find my answers useful, I’m sharing them in blog post format. Enjoy!
Have a question? Ask away!
Question: Hi. I was wondering if you could recommend a good, large (over 8 inches) dildo that isn’t plastic but has a soft feel? Like squishy even? I’m a cam model and the ones I have hurt…I also need one that is about 7-8 inches. Thank you so much.
First, I totally get what you mean by squish. I *love* squishy dildos because they’re comfortable during penetration and don’t jab my cervix. It sounds like you need to look at silicone dildos. Silicone dildos are more expensive because silicone itself is expensive, but they’re much better than any jelly or plastic. They’re free of toxins and they’re non-porous, which means they won’t grow mould or bacteria over time like jelly ones.
What’s better, silicone comes in varying amounts of squish. There are entire lines of dildos that are made to be especially squishy because of their dual-density, such as the VixSkin, the Tantus O2, and the Blush Real Nude lines. So I definitely recommend browsing through those products.
A large dildo over 8 inches? Because silicone is so expensive, there aren’t many dildos this large to choose from.
- I’ve heard amazing things about the VixSkin Outlaw. It’s just over 8 inches in length and is super squishy because it has a soft outer layer of silicone over a firm inner core. This makes it feel life-like, and it’s one of the dildos I’m pretty desperate to get my hands on.
- There’s also the Tantus Cisco and the Tantus Amsterdam, which have 10 inches insertable length. Mind you, those two are not nearly as squishy as the VixSkin Outlaw, so they’ll give you length but they may not give you the comfort you need.
A dildo between 7-8 inches? Okay, here you have a lot more to choose from. I don’t know if you want realistic or non-realistic, so I’ll include both. My personal recommendations would be….
- The Lovehoney Satisfy Me (really affordable option)
- The Maia Swirly (a bit girthy, but I love it and it’s also relatively inexpensive)
- Tantus O2 Cush (fun colours, dual-density)
- Fun Factory Tiger (I review it here. Feels amazing)
- Tantus Uncut #1 (Dual-density, realistic, I review it here)
- VixSkin Mustang in Bright (pricey, but very squishy and colorful)
Also, with any of these products, make sure you drizzle some water-based lubricant over each dildo before inserting them. Silicone seems to take up a ton of natural lubricant, so artificial lube is a big plus. There are a lot of great water-based lubricants, but these are my faves.
Anyhow, hope I didn’t overwhelm you with all these options! I hope I gave some helpful suggestions…sorry so many of them are so pricey. That’s the price of silicone >.<
Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck shopping!!
You are amazing! Thank you so much for getting back to me! You rock!
(Aww, gosh, thank you <3)
Last Updated on February 27, 2022 by Miss Ruby