Sorry, submissions are currently not open!
OPEN CALL! I’m starting a series to highlight and support members of the sex blogging community. This is an open call and, for the most part, I’m not doing personal invitations. If you’d like to be featured, please email me at missrubyreviews[at]gmail[dot]com (Subject: Sex Blogger Round Up). In the body of your email (not an attachment), paste your answers to the following questions.
Answer as few or as many questions as you’d like.
- Which sex-related blog(s) do you run and how long have you been at it? By what name may we call you? Pronouns?
- Sum up your blog (such as theme, goal, focus, quirkiness, uniqueness).
- What is your blog’s “creation story”? Why was it born? Did any already-established bloggers inspire you?
- What is your favourite post on your blog to date? Why? (Include a link)
- What does “sex-positive” mean to you?
- Have you found any friends (or heroes) in the sex blogging community?
- How important (or unimportant) is anonymity to you?
- If one of these readers becomes your biggest fan, where can they follow you on social media?
- Do you consider yourself an advocate/supporter/ally for any minority groups?
- Have you ever had anything bizarre or horrible or funny or amazing happen as a result of blogging?
- For sex toy users: Imagine your plane is crashing near a deserted, gorgeous island. Before you jump into your lifeboat, you fumble through your bags to find the perfect sex toy to use until you’re rescued (by awfully good-looking sailors, obviously). Which toy did you choose?
- Has sex blogging shaped/influenced you in a broader “real-life” sense? (i.e, your worldview, your personality, your confidence?)
- Introvert or extrovert? Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea?
- If you could magically and instantaneously change something about this industry (i.e., sex toy industry, erotica, porn, sex education, etc), what would you change?
- What are the top 1-3 factors that keep you blogging? What’s keeping you here?
- Lastly, what advice would you give to readers who are considering starting a sex blog of their own?
- Note that I reserve the right to edit (remove or not publish) parts (or all) of your Q/A that I feel violate my morality clause. This also applies to your blog itself: I will not promote a blog that is oppressive in any way (i.e, sexist, homophobic, condone non-consent, racist, etc).
- I am also a grammar-fanatic, so I may lightly edit your answers for spelling/grammar.
- As I only promote body-safe toys, I would not be comfortable promoting your blog on Miss Ruby Reviews if you tend to review toys that are not body-safe.
- If your blog becomes inactive, I may remove your feature from my blog.
- (While I don’t expect this to happen) I of course reserve the right to remove your post off my blog in the future.